39th year  -  N° 146                 Saturday, 25 May 2024         Antwerpen		
Where's Your Head At?
BirthFactDeath (x)
Thursday 20th of February 2003

21 Years Ago

100 Die in The Station night club fire in The Station, 211 Cowesett Avenue, West Warwick, Rhode Island, United States.

The fire was caused by pyrotechnics set off by 29-year-old tour manager Daniel Biechele of the evening's headlining band, Jack Russell's Great White, which ignited flammable sound insulation foam in the walls and ceilings surrounding the stage. Among those who perished in the fire were Great White's lead guitarist, Ty Longley and the show's emcee, DJ Mike 'The Doctor' Gonsalves. More than one survivor later stated that a bouncer stopped people trying to escape via the stage exit, stating that that door was "for the band only."

More info: