39th year  -  N° 142                 Tuesday, 21 May 2024         Antwerpen		
Is it My Body? Someone I Might Be?
BirthFactDeath (x)
Sunday 12th of July 1964

60 years ago She Mistook it for Powdered Sugar

Twenty-two people die and 128 become seriously ill when they were accidentally poisoned during a memorial service in Stilia, Phocis, Greece.

The victims were attending a mnemósynon, an orthodox memorial service for the late Grigorios Apostolopoulos, and were served koliva a traditional food associated with the service. The widow had accidentally put a powdered insecticide on the dish of wheat and raisins while preparing it, after having mistaken it for powdered sugar.