38th year  -  N° 341                 Thursday, 7 December 2023         Antwerpen		
Cloud 149
BirthFactDeath (-)
Saturday 11th of March 1978

45 years ago His Light Went Out

Musician Claude Antoine Marie François aka Cloclo dies of electrocution at the age of 39 in 46 Boulevard Exelmans, XVIe, Paris, Île-de-France, France.

Claude was at his apartment with an American girlfriend named Kathleen and a French secretary. In the afternoon he took a shower in preparation for a trip to the recording studio. After finishing his shower he noticed that the light bulb in the socket hanging over the shower was burned out. With his feet in the water he reached up to change it and was instantly electrocuted. Efforts to revive him failed. He was pronounced dead at 3:30pm.